Monday, March 5, 2012

Nancy Drew and the Hidden Stair Case Book Review

okay, here is something I have thought of doing now for some time, and that is book reviews! I've been going through books like water and I thought it would be a good idea to start doing some reviews. It might also even be a fun way to keep my blog going. So here is the first one!


Nancy Drew and the Hidden Staircase:


Nancy is asked to investigate the Twins Elms Mansion which is thought to be haunted! While investigating the mansion, Carson Drew, Nancy’s father goes missing and there is something sinister about Nathan Gomer. Will Nancy find the ghost of Twins Elms Mansion? Will she find her father and what is wrong with Nathan Gomer? Check out the book to find more!

When I was a kid, I was never interested in reading the Nancy Drew books because I always thought the Mandie books by Lois Gladys Leppard, where far better than Nancy Drew could ever be. However, as the years past, I really began to find that I loved all things Nancy Drew too. For instance, I adored the 2007 movie of Nancy Drew, I really enjoyed the tv series that they had on Nancy Drew and I also loved the original 1930s movies.  The PC Nancy Drew Games are always entertaining, so I decided it was high time, I read a Nancy Drew book. 

In this particular book, Nancy is asked by a friend to investigate the Twins Elms Mansion which is owned by Mrs. Flora Turnbull and Mrs. Rosemary Hayes. Mrs. Flora thinks that the mansion is haunted because of certain noises she has been hearing. Mrs. Rosemary is skeptical. 

Nancy comes to the rescue and after several strange things happen, Nancy finally comes to the bottom of the mystery. There are at least two other plot lines going on in the book as well and towards the end, everything comes together. 

I actually enjoyed this book. I wasn’t sure if I was going too or not. But I did, and had I read it as a kid I am sure I would have loved it, if you enjoy mysteries, I suggest reading this book, and it is perfect for children. Though if you get the original 1930’s blue cover, you may want to read the book to your child. There are several racist slurs in the original book because of the period it was written. 



No comments:

Post a Comment