Monday, May 28, 2012

A box of surprises (Alessandra Post)


I had for the most part taken everything out of my chambers and had it placed in my home in Rome, however there were still a few things left in my rooms. Most of them were books and scrolls of sort. I had found a box of scrolls I had not given Carlisle and I was fairly glad that I didn’t. I also had a few small odds and ends strewed about my chambers that I had decided to collect, I was going to take them all back home with me when I had a better idea.

Poor Karla’s room was just as bare as Carlisle’s was and I couldn’t help but feel just a twinge of pain for her. Even if she was here under own circumstances. How could a human not know what Aro was up too? I thought. Besides it took two tangle she had to have known he wasn’t human once he touched her. The very idea grossed me out, and I couldn’t help but shudder. Still, she deserved to have something to do and I thought the books might keep her company at the least and bring some comfort to her.

I quietly hoisted the box of books and odds and ends that I had gathered for Karla and started to knock on her door when Carlisle opened it. I smiled at him, and he gestured me inside.

“Alessandra---“ He started to say.

“Hello, Carlisle.” I said and then handed him the box I had in my hands as one of the little Fiorenzo studied me. I stared at him for a moment and sadly shook my head. The boy was watching me as intently as I was him. “Do they always stare like that?” I asked.

“I like to study people.” Fiorenzo said in Italian to me and I just about dropped the box but before it crashed to the ground I let it lift up into the air and gently landed the box onto the ground with my mind. The baby’s eyes grew wide and he clapped as he watched the box. “Is that you’re talent? My father must value you very much!” He said.

“They can talk?” I asked Carlisle.

“Yes… It is quite shocking.” He responded staring at Fiorenzo. “I should have warned you beforehand.” He added, and I nodded.

“When did this start?” I asked slowly coming down to stare at the little boy in front of me. He was more a toddler than a baby now. I could not understand how either child grew so fast. Normal babies did not grow that fast let alone talk at a few weeks old.

“Not long ago. They are bilingual as well.” I blinked.

“Really?” I asked testing the waters and turning from Latin to French.

“Oh I love French! But Italian is so much better.” Fiorenzo said still steadying me. It was if he was deciding whether or not to like me and I couldn’t help but feel the same about the tiny boy in front of me. What if the child ended up a monster like Aro? He was technically already a little monster. Being half human and half vampire. I supposed it wasn’t the child’s fault, but all the same. I just wasn’t sure what to make of either Fiorenzo or Karl, and I sadly shook my head. The children certainly were unsettling. I thought.

“I brought a few things for Karla. I thought she might want something to do other than look after these little ones. I cannot say I am not surprised that Aro hasn’t offered to help care for his offspring.” I muttered the last bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment