Monday, May 28, 2012

Making New Friends ( Nora Post)


“ I think there are many people who admired Carlisle.” I said softly. “ He was a great man, and I can say from my own experience that he was always a good friend. Even when I didn’t listen to him. He warned me that Charlie may not be who I thought he was. Of course Carlisle was right. But I didn’t listen. I never listen to anyone. Least that is what my brother says.” I was now truly happy that I decided to visit Edward. He seemed as if he needed a distraction. I could tell something was weighing on my friend’s mind and perhaps Carlisle’s death did affect him more than I had thought it would. I of course was truly sad that Carlisle had been killed. He had always been a good friend too me. A strange vampire, but a great person despite his beliefs.

I gently looked around Edward as I got a whiff of the scent of two humans and smiled at a young woman with dark eyes and dark hair. I figured this must be Bella. She was carrying a baby all wrapped up in a blanket in its carrier.

“You must be Bella.” I said smiling at her. She shyly looked over at Edward who nudged her on. “It’s very nice to finally meet you. Edward’s told me so much about you.” I said embracing her into a hug. She smiled at me and I couldn’t believe how good she actually smelled. I had not smelled a human like that in some time. But I was easily able to resist the urge to eat her up. After all, it would be such a shame to eat her if she was going to be a friend.

“Bella, this is my friend, Nora Callison. I think, I told you about her didn’t I?” Edward asked. Bella looked at Edward and then at me and shook her head.

“I don’t think so. You’ve never mentioned her before…. You’ve never mentioned any of your friends.” Bella added the last bit with a rather surprised look at me. It was as if she didn’t really expect Edward to have friends. I laughed at this.

“He can be rather dower sometimes.” I said smiling brightly at Edward.

“That’s for sure!” Bella laughed, and I knew we had broke the ice.

“I think we’ll be great friends.” I said smiling. “Is this Elizabeth?” I asked looking at the baby carrier and Edward nodded gently picking the infant up.

“This is my daughter, Elizabeth.” He smiled handing her easily to me.

“Edward---“ Bella started to say but a tiny figure suddenly appeared at her side.

“It’ll be alright Bella. Nora wont hurt Elizabeth.” The tiny, Elvin creature said. She smiled at me.

“I’m Alice.” She announced, and I nodded as I took the baby into my arms ever so gently. It had been many years since I last held a child so tiny. Elizabeth looked up at me and gurgled.

“She’s so tiny and frail.” I marveled. “I’ve forgotten how sweet babies are. I’m so happy for you Edward.” I added handing the little girl back to her father least I accidently break her into pieces.

“Thank you Nora.” Edward said.

It wasn’t hard to figure out that I had at least made three new friends. I wasn’t so sure about Rosalie. But perhaps I could win her over yet. I thought gently tucking the babies’ blanket around her.

No comments:

Post a Comment