Monday, May 7, 2012

More Gossip (Nora Post)


I caught a familiar scent on the trail I was on high up in the mountains in British Columbia. And after having traveled alone on foot for several days, I was rather happy to catch the scent. I stopped, and turned to run towards it, only to find a familiar face standing in front of me. The face suddenly hugged me and I laughed.

“Mary!” I said returning her hug. Happy to see an old friend.

“Nora, what are you doing in British Columbia? I thought you said you’d never leave the United States of America again.” She laughed.

“I’m on my way to Alaska.” I said dropping my suitcase.

“Alaska?” Mary asked. “What on earth for?”

“Surely you’ve heard by now of--- Dr. Cullen’s---“

“Execution? Yes I heard. I have to admit that I was rather surprised that the Volturi killed him. I had thought he was a friend of theirs.”

“Didn’t we all?” I answered. “I expect that the Volturi are going to have a revolt on their hands soon. I bet they wont see it coming.”

“Are you going to join it if one does come?” Mary asked and I shook my head.

“No. I promised Billie and Charlie that I wouldn’t.”

“So neither of them would either then?” Mary asked and I shook my head again.

“No.”

“You never did tell me why you were going to Alaska.” Mary said and I laughed. She was persisted.

“The Denali live in Alaska. They’re good friends of the Cullens. And Esme’s gone to stay with them for a little while. I’m going there to stay with Esme. She needs a friend.” I answered picking up my suitcase.

“ Why did she go to the Denali? Wouldn’t her children need her?” Mary asked and I shrugged.

“I didn’t ask. It wasn’t my business. I was only concerned for her. I supposed I am worried about all of them. But Carlisle and Esme were mates and I cant image what I would do if that was Billie instead of Carlisle. Or even my brother….. I just, I thought she might need a friend. Besides the Denali of course. She needs to know we support her.”

“Then I wish you luck!” Mary said. “Oh, and please let me know when you get there!”

“Don’t worry, I will.” I said waving at Mary as I turned to leave. She didn’t ask me if she could join me, nor did I invite her. As technically, I was dropping in uninvited on the Denali. I hoped they wouldn’t mind too much. Though, I expected by now they knew I was coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment