Sunday, May 13, 2012

Officially Meeting Edward Cullen ( Bella Post)


<i>February, 2009</i>

“Hey.” I heard a strange voice say behind me as I stood in the grocery store trying to buy tonight’s dinner. I jumped and dropped the package of steak I was trying to grab. Just before the steak crashed to the ground it ended up in my hands with a pair of hands I had never seen before. They were pale and cold. I looked up to see Edward Cullen staring at me. I hadn’t seen him since my first day of school and had wondered what became of him. I wondered if Dr. Cullen pulled him out of school for that long to go on some hiking trip.

 “I’m Edward Cullen…. We have a biology class together. I’m sorry I never had a chance to introduce myself.” Edward said. “You’re Bella right?” He used my nickname. I wondered if Charlie had told Dr. Cullen that was what I preferred to be called. Charlie knew everyone in town.

“Yeah.” I said.

“Shopping for dinner?” Edward asked. I nodded. “Isnt that supposed to be your Dad’s job?”

“Charlie’s not much of a cook.” I said. “So I offered to do the grocery shopping, and the cooking. I’m pretty good. I mean at cooking.” I said maybe a little too quickly. The way Edward was staring at me made me nervous. I looked around to see if the rest of his family was around but no one else seemed to be here. He didn’t have a grocery list or anything either.

“Sometimes I come here to just look around.” Edward said just as I began to wonder about it.

“Oh.” I said then continued down the aisle as Edward followed me.

“So, How are you enjoying Forks? It must be a big change from Phoenix.” Did everyone know where I was from? I wondered. Of course they did. My dad probably told them.

“I don’t really---- I don’t really like the weather.” I finished finally. “I’m trying to get used to the small town stuff.” I added.

“If you don’t like rain, why did you move here?” Edward asked. I shrugged.

“My mom remarried. Phil’s a minor league baseball player and being away from him made her sad. I didn’t like seeing my mom sad so I decided to move here and live with my dad. So she could--- be with Phil.” Why was I telling him this? I wondered. He was a complete stranger, even if he did go to my school.

“So now, because you moved here, you’re unhappy?” Edward tried to guess. But I shook my head. I wasn’t exactly unhappy. I thought.

“No. Just trying to get used to everything.” I said simply picking up a pound of potatoes. I almost dropped them but Edward caught the potatoes quick as lightening. I stared at him for a moment.

“Thanks.” I said smiling a little at him.

“You’re welcome.” He said.

“Hey, do you want to come over for dinner?” I asked. Edward looked at me for a moment.

“I would love too but--- I have to go…” He said trailing off and just like that he was gone. Okay, that was weird. I thought watching him go, and then picked up a pound of green beans.

<i>(This scene differs from the book and movie but some lines were taken from the Twilight book and movie.)</i>

No comments:

Post a Comment