Sunday, June 3, 2012

Bikes, Babies and Best Friends (Bella Post)


I sat in the car, strumming my fingers on the steering wheel as I pulled into Billie’s yard and up next to Jacob’s Rabbit. I looked back at my daughter who was sleeping soundly and hated to wake her up. But it had been weeks since I had last seen Jacob. He had imprinted on Elizabeth, and I while I didn’t like the idea, I knew it was uninventible that I had to at least allow my daughter to spend some time with my best friend. Best friend. I thought and shook my head. Poor Jacob. I sighed. I wished that I could promise myself that Jacob would someday be as happy as me. However, I wondered if that was now going to be impossible or not.

I opened up the door to my Ferrari, missing my truck more and more. I hated the looks I received in town when I drove it and hated the looks I received when I drove it through La Push. Of course by now, most people knew it was mine.

“Bella!” Jacob said suddenly sprinting out of the house. “Long time, no see. I’ve been wondering when you were going to show up. Whats been up?” He asked and for just a moment it was like we were still in high school and nothing had changed.

“I thought you might like to see Elizabeth. And I sorda needed an excuse to get away from the house. Things are so crazy right now.” I said sadly shaking my head.

“With Doc’s death I cant image how they would be crazy.” Jake said rolling his eyes and I nudged him playfully.

“Be nice okay. Carlisle was a great guy, and you know he was. It’s so sad that all this happened. I just feel kinda lost when I’m home. Everyone is so sad.”

“Arent you sad over the Doc’s death?”

“Of course I am.” I responded pulling Elizabeth out of her car seat. She opened her beautiful green eyes and yawned. “I just feel like I didn’t know him the way the others did and its awkward.”

“May I?” Jake asked reaching out for Elizabeth and I gently handed her to him. The minute I did however, she started bawling as if she had never seen Jake. He scrunched up his face and shook his head. “I don’t think she likes me much.” He said and handed Elizabeth back to me. She instantly stopped crying.

“Aw, its alright Elizabeth. Jacob’s a friend.” I said softly, gently folding her frilly hat backwards.

“It’s all good. She just woke up from a nap anyway. Maybe she’s simply grumpy.” Jake said. “So what ya wanna do today?”

“I don’t care.” I said smiling up at Jake. “As long as it’s fun. I miss having fun.” I pouted. “I kinda wanna see my bike that Edward wont let me keep.” I added, and made a mental note to seriously talk to him about this. “And maybe order a pizza. I havent had pizza in a long time.”

“Sounds good.” Jake said pulling out his very simple cell phone and dialing a number, ordering the pizza I had such a craving for.

“Great!” I said as we skipped over to the barn where the bikes where.

No comments:

Post a Comment