Monday, June 4, 2012

I told you so! (Alice Post)


“Can you believe it? Some Radom vampire called pretending to be Carlisle!” Rosalie was saying the minute I opened the door. I stared at her. Some random person? Why would some random---- Then it suddenly dawned on me. That random vampire wasn’t just anyone! It was Carlisle! Of course I had not told Rosalie about my visions because of Edward and Jasper but they were both standing in the living room as I got home and I glared at them. Jasper shrugged.

“Rosalie what did you say?” I asked.

“I hung up on him. What else was I supposed do? Carlisle is---- Alice what aren’t you telling me?”

“Rosalie! That <i>was</i> Carlisle!” I said dropping my bags. “What number did he call from?”

“Alice, Carlisle---“

“Carlisle is not dead!” I practically all but shouted! “He’s in Denali right now with Esme!”

“Wait—What are you saying Alice?” Emmett asked.

“I’m telling you our father is still alive! The only reason why I never mentioned it before was because Jasper and Edward told me not too. Neither of them believed me! They didn’t want to believe me. No one believed me. Oh how I wanted to tell Nora the truth, but I couldn’t. That wasn’t some random vampire, Rosalie. That <i>was</i> Carlisle. If you had any sense at all you would have recognized his voice! I cannot believe you hung up on him!” I all but shouted. The weeks of keeping my visions bottled up inside and letting the others give me strange looks, finally getting to me. I could feel Jasper trying to calm me down but I didn’t let him. I sent my husband a glare. “And you! Don’t even try and calm me down. You didn’t believe me Jasper!” I snapped.

“Alice we saw the ashes!” Jasper said calmly.

“Those ashes were not Carlisle’s. Alessandra believed me.”

“You called Alessandra?” Edward asked a bit stunned.

“Well, I had to do something.”

“So you’ve known this whole time he was alive, and didn’t bother to tell us?” Emmett asked coolly. I nodded.

“Would you have believed me any more than they did?” I asked. Rosalie sighed.

“She’s right, Em.” Rosalie responded. “We wouldn’t have.”

“Now do you believe me?” I asked. “Anyway, we should plan on leaving soon. I told Esme we would be in Alaska for Christmas!”

“But, I didn’t buy Carlisle anything.” Rosalie whined.

“Don’t worry; I bought presents for Carlisle from everyone in Seattle. And we should tell Nora.” I announced.

No comments:

Post a Comment