Thursday, June 28, 2012

Last trip to Seattle (Alice Post Twilight)


The trip to Seattle was one of my favorites in Washington and I realized suddenly that this was probably going to be the last one I would make until we moved back to Forks after most everyone here was dead and gone. I looked over at Jasper who was deep in thought and staring out the window.  I suddenly felt a gentle, happy calm come over me and I shook my head. Music from the 20s gently playing in the speakers I turned to Jasper.

“I know.” He said before I said anything. That was one of the things I loved about Jazz. He always knew what I was thinking before I thought it. I sighed. I hated leaving Forks, but we had no choice. It was very clear that the Volturi would be watching us very closely. Not for the first time, I was very glad that Jasper had cleared all our files as we went about our long immortal lives.

“I wish we didn’t have to leave. I suppose I should be used to it by now.”

“I know. I do like Forks. I like Forks better than any place we’ve ever been too. It feels like home you know? I think moving is always hard on us. But at least we’re all back together now. A family again.” Jazz said sweetly and I couldn’t help but smile at my husband. I knew that Jasper didn’t feel the exact same way about the Cullens as I did. But he still thought of them as family. They were our family even though Carlisle didn’t change us. We were still part of his family.

“I guess it’s for the best. We should talk to Carlisle before we move and make sure he lets you break into the hospital works and school records and delete our files. ”

“Already on it.” Jasper replied. “I’ve been trying to think of a name to go by. Everyone else is changing their names. I probably should too. I was thinking of going by Jasper Carlisle. What do you think?”

“I like it!” I replied after giving the name some thought. It had a certain ring to it. “ I’m going to go by Alice Mary Whitlock. I havent used your name in ages and besides, Alice and Mary are such common names.”

“Mrs. Whitlock, I do love the idea of you using my name again.” Jazz said his sweet southern accent coming out a bit heavy. I laughed. Of course I knew he would.

“So what are we going to tell J. Jenks?” I asked.

“That we need new IDs and to have them as soon as possible.” Jazz said with a shrug as I finally pulled into Seattle. I nodded. I knew that Jenks would provide our Ids for us. It was just a matter of working around him. He was still a human and no matter how afraid of us he was, he could still spill the beans so to speak. I searched ahead in the future to see if he ever would. As I always did right before we visited him. Of course he would never tell anyone about us. Satisfied I began the trip over to his place.

“Don’t worry Jazz. He is never going to tell anyone about us.”

“That’s not what worries me about Jenks. Its more about someone else finding about us on accident. But I trust him…. Well I trust him enough.” Jasper said frowning. It was clear he didn’t trust Jenks completely either. It was always hard to trust humans straight through. The only reason why we trusted Bella as much as we did was because she was now part of the family and was always going to be part of it.  We didn’t really trust Charlie, but he liked me.

No comments:

Post a Comment