Monday, July 2, 2012

The Accident (Bella Post Twilight)


February 2009

There was a combination of ice and snow mixed together becoming mush coming down from the sky making the world a wet, slippery, and dangerous spot for cars. This was also totally dangerous for someone like me who had a tendency to fall at any given possible moment, so I gingerly picked my way through parking lot after school was finally let out. My earbuds were blearing with the latest song from Nickleback, as I tried to block everything out. I really hated the ice and rain. Cloudy skies, that damp feeling I had since I moved to Forks. Everything was just wet, I was really beginning to wonder if I had made the right choice moving to Forks.

What was more was that ever since our official meeting at the grocery store, Edward Cullen had taken to avoiding me like… Like I was the Black Plague or something. I couldn’t figure out what I had done. He had seemed friendly enough in the store. I glanced across the parking lot to see him staring at me along with his entire family. Weird.

I went to open my car door, deciding I might as well go home, to my long, boring night of homework ahead when I heard the sickening sound of tires screeching on blacktop. The sound was coming closer and closer and I looked up just in time to find myself about to be squashed by a dark blue van. I didn’t have time to scream or cry out for help. I braced myself for the oncoming collision, only to find that it never came.

Edward Cullen who had been standing across the parking lot suddenly held me in his arms, with his hand stretched out, stopping the collision that was supposed to happen with the van. There was a dent in the van where his hand had been when he pulled it away and I couldn’t help but stare at him. That wasn’t natural. I thought as he let me go. I stared into his eyes for a moment and he quickly disappeared behind my truck, leaving me totally unscratched. I glanced up just in time to see Tyler’s head pop out of the window. He had a five inch gash across his forehead.

“Tyler!” I said. “Oh my gosh! Are you okay?” I asked.

“Bella! I’m so sorry, Bella. I couldn’t stop the car.”

“It’s alright. I’m fine. But you’re hurt!” I said grabbing my phone. Before I could call 911, it seemed as if the whole school was there. Everyone, that is but the Cullens. I glanced around Tyler’s van to find that they were leaving. I frowned; I wondered where they were going.

“Bella! Tyler!” Someone said. “I’ve called 911, they’re on the way. Wow, Tyler! You got a massive cut there.”

“Bella?” Mike said coming in between the cars. “How did you--- Wow, you got totally lucky there.”

“Yeah, but Tyler is hurt.” I said motioning towards Tyler. Trying desperately to get the attention away from me. After all, I was fine. And besides, 90 percent of these people, I didn’t know.

This scene differs slightly from the book and novel.

Thanks Carlisle for the suggestions

No comments:

Post a Comment