Saturday, July 14, 2012

A New Place (Alice Post)


Several years before I meant Carlisle I had a vision of us living in New Hampshire. Of course I knew the vision was far, far in the future. But I was used to preparing for things that far in advance in the future. Besides, if we changed our minds and didn’t want to move to New Hampshire, I could have a pretty house to vacation too with Jasper.

“Good thing you saw this coming. I knew we were going to move again. I just didn’t think it would be this soon.” Jazz said pulling a few of our belongings out of my Porsche. I smiled at him.

“I cant wait for Rose and Em to see it. They’re going to love this place. So will Carlisle and Esme when they see it.”

“Oh so they are going to visit us after all?” Jasper asked in a teasing tone. “ I thought Esme wanted Carlsile all to herself.”

“She does. But eventually they’ll come see us. And I enrolled us into Dartmouth too. “ I smiled at my husband. It was so refreshing to be able to call Jasper husband in public and not my boyfriend. He had always been so much more to me than a boyfriend. I always felt as if I was degrading him when I told people he was my boyfriend.

Jasper put our things all on the cute little front porch that wrapped around the three story building I had bought us so long ago. The building was rather old. From the mid 1800s. Jasper had picked it out. He still enjoyed seeing things from his time period. We had renovated it of course. Modernized it a bit too. But the porch was one of the prettiest things on the house. Plus the pool in the back.

“Mrs. Whitlock, welcome home.” Jazz whisper lifting me up and kissing me. He twirled me around and put me down. I laughed.

“What was that all about?” I asked unlocking the door.

“We’re supposed to be newlyweds remember?” Jazz asked kicking open the door gently as he dragged our luggage into the house. It smelled of lilacs and wild flowers. I had a maid come in and clean the place before we moved.

“If they only knew we’ve been together longer than most of our neighbors have been alive.”I giggled walking into the house and smiling. Now it was time to call Carlisle and Esme. I shuffled through my things for my cell phone and dialed their number.

“Alice!” Esme picked up before the phone had a chance to ring more than once. I laughed.

“Esme! We’re here!” I said. “The house is just perfect. Just the way it was the last time I saw it.” I said happily.

“That’s wonderful darling. I’m so happy you and Jasper made it alright. Have Rose and Emmett made it yet?”

“No not yet, but we’ll call you as soon as we hear from them” I said hanging up the phone. This was going to be so much fun. I loved starting over again.

No comments:

Post a Comment