Monday, July 2, 2012

Upstairs Downstairs, crafts and Mini Rebecca


Location: Bedroom
Music: Chop and Change~ The Black Keys
Book: Lady Almina and the Real Downton Abbey 
Mood: Content



Only one more day till McKenna's movie comes out! I cant wait to watch it. I hope its as good as the others. I bet it will be lol.

Anyway, I've been so busy this weekend making crafts that I thought I would share them all.

Yesterday, I came across this cute little craft tutorial off the American Girl Crafts Website and I had to give it a try. Here is how mine turned out. And yes there is a cd inside. lol. Some of us do still put cds in their cars.


The picture is a bit blurry but I also made a cute little friendship bracelet. I havent made these in years lol. and a case for my sunglasses. I am constantly losing my sunglasses and thought maybe if I made a case I wouldnt lose them. Both ideas I got out of the latest issue of American Girl Magazine.

I also decided to make the accessories for my mini Rebecca. They're not an exact match of Rebecca's. but I think they turned out pretty cute anyway. She loves her new little chair. Its actually an old cell phone holder I've had for years. But it fits Rebecca just fine.


And finally, I made Skye my first pair of shoes! I found this cute little pattern for shoes on the Liberty Jane Website and had to make them. I think they turned out really good for my first pair. I hope to make some more. lol.


Oh and while I'm impatiently waiting for the third season of Downton Abbey to premier on tv I came across the new version of Upstairs Downstairs. I've watched the first episode and just love it. I should go back through and watch the original show sometime. It's along the same concept as Downton Abbey only it takes place in the 30s. And brings back Eden Place too.


I also watched an interesting documentary from PBS on the British aristocracy. You can find it here.

well, I better get back to my crafts. I have to utilize my day off as much as I can lol. 




No comments:

Post a Comment