Monday, August 6, 2012

A Library Sister Chat (Rebecca Post Twilight)


My Aunt Rebecca had not showed herself to me during my séance. And the truth of the matter was, I should have had Victoria with me when I decided to do the Séance. She was after all the one who could see spirits. I wasn’t. Though I could see them sometimes. With certain elements and in certain settings. I could certainly conjure them up. Calling on a spirit was baby magic. Or so I called it. So, the questioned remained, why had Aunt Rebecca not answered my call? She was dead wasn’t she? And if she wasn’t dead, then there were two reasons why she didn’t answer. Number 1, she could have possibly ran away. Though nothing in her diaries mentioned a dislike for her home. Number 2. Riston turned her and she was the shadow I had seen under the tree.

The other thing was, that while I knew certain things about Vampires, ( I knew all the myths and the non myths) I certainly, didn’t know everything. So, I found myself trapping down to the local library where my sister worked.

Victoria and I hadn’t seen much of each other since the whole thing with Riston happened. In fact, I hadn’t seen much of Victoria for several months. Since I started college. This made me rather lonely. I was used to having my older sister around when I needed her. And going to the library seemed as good as excuse as ever to spend some sister time with her.

“Becky!” Victoria said the minute I walked into the library with my tote bag and purse. She smiled at me from behind the front counter as I plopped my rather late books down in front of her.

“They’re late.” I winced. Having a sister as a librarian, one would think, my books would never be late.

“That’s alright, I’m just happy to see you. How’s things going with Riston?” Victoria asked as if it was an every day thing, to have a vampire stalking you. I frowned.

“Actually, I wanted to talk to you about that.” I said. “Can you get away?” I asked looking over at Matt who was also working at the counter today. Matt shrugged and waved his hand to Victoria.

“I think that means yes.” I giggled. Matt was a man of few words. He always had his nose in a book. Victoria laughed, and motioned me around the counter where we walked back towards an office she liked to use for her own.

“So what’s up?” She asked once the door was closed.

“I did a séance on Aunt Rebecca. Nana gave me her journals. I said pulling out the precious books and handing them to Victoria.

“And she didn’t make contact did she?” Victoria asked much to my surprised.

“You’ve known this whole time she wasn’t dead?” I asked sitting down in the chair across from Victoria. My sister nodded her head.

“I’ve never seen her spirit, Becky. I’ve seen lots of our ancestors. Especially the ones who lived in the house. But I’ve never seen Aunt Rebecca. And there is something Nana isn’t telling us. Something that happened, that only she knows about.”

“I knew it!” I said shaking my head. I had l always known that there was some hidden secret Nana was keeping from us regarding Aunt Rebecca, but I never imaged that it would be that her sister could possibly be alive. “Victoria, do you think Riston turned Aunt Rebecca?” I asked. Victoria nodded her head.

“Yes, I do. And I think Nana knows.” Victoria said skimming through Aunt Rebecca’s journals.

“Should we ask Nana about it?” I asked, my sister shook her head.

“Becky, if Nana wanted to tell us that Aunt Rebecca was a vampire she would have. I think its something we need to find out for ourselves. Aunt Rebecca loved Nana very much. So I think that Aunt Rebecca must have made an appearance to Nana after she was turned. To let her know she was alright. Or she told her beforehand. Perhaps they still see each other secretly. If Aunt Rebecca is a vampire, she must respect that Nana does not want to be one. Becky?” Victoria asked.

“Yes?”

“Just because our family believes that vampires are all bad, doesn’t mean they are. Just remember that. And I think you should approach Riston. Screw what Mom and Dad are saying. Staying away from him isn’t going to do anything.” I had known my sister was on my side the whole time. She had a point. Mom and Dad wanted me to avoid Riston. They thought that if I ignored him long enough he would leave. But we knew otherwise.

“Thanks Victoria. I think I am going to check out some books on vampires. I know they’re not going to hold all the real information. But still…. It would be good to know more about what I am dealing with.” I said.

“I can help with that.” Victoria said smiling as she led me out of her office.

No comments:

Post a Comment