(From: American Girl, Samantha’s Friendship Fun page 42)
½ teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
4 tablespoons water
2 tablespoons butter
½ cup shredded cheese
Serves 2 to 3 omelets
1. Crack the eggs into the mixing bowl. Use the fork to beat the eggs until they are well mixed.
2. Add the salt, pepper, and water. Continue beating the mixture with the fork until it is foamy.
3. Melt the butter in the skillet over medium- high until it is bubbly. Be careful not to let the butter burn.
4. Carefully pour the egg mixture into the skillet
5. As the egg mixture cooks, use the spatula to push it gently towards the middle of the skillet. Have an ad adult help you tilt the pan slightly so the uncooked part of the mixture moves to the outside.
6. When the bottom of the omelet is lightly browned, and the eggs are firm, sprinkle the grated cheese over the half of the omelet.
7. Have an adult help you lift and fold the other half of the omelet over the cheese.
8. Lower the heat to medium low and allow the omelet to cook until the cheese is fully melted, about two minutes.
9. Have an adult help you slide the omelet out of the pan and onto the serving dish. Serve the omelet while it is hot.
I always use milk instead of water. I also add a dash of onion salt, zesty garlic spices, and sometimes depending on my mood I add, onions and green peppers. I always fry these in olive oil first. I also add a hand full of bacon bits to the omelet. And have found that using different types of cheese adds to the flavor.