(From: American Girl; Just for Fun Rebecca)
1 cup butter
1 cup cream cheese
Pinch of salt
1 tablespoon sour cream
2 cups of flour
Pastry filling or jam such as raspberry or apricot. But you can also use Strawberry.
1. In a mixing bowl, cream together butter, cream cheese, salt and sourcream.
2. Stir in the flour. Knead the dough with your hands until smooth.
3. Chill the dough in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
4. Place the chilled dough on a lightly floured table or countertop. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
5. With the rolling pin, roll the dough to a thickness of about 1/8th inch.
6. With the table knife, cut the dough into 3- inch squares.
7. Spread one corner of each square with ¼ to ½ teaspoon of jam.
8. Starting in the jam corner, roll up each square and then curve in the ends to form a crescent.
9. Gently place the crescents on a cookie sheet. Bake for 15 to 20 minuets, or until the edges are beginning to turn golden. Let cool.